sobota, 30 lipca 2011

Akiba

In full, Akihabara. If you like anime, manga or electronics, this place is a must to visit. Myself, I've arrived there from the rear, so to say as I've wanted to see some temples in the area. I seem to have some fixation with temples lately :P.


View from a bridge near the station. It just felt very "Tokyo". It's very cramped, there's lots of buildings, often high and a lot is going on.

I'll just throw a few photos of the 2 temples I've seen in the area. I don't you really want to read about them ;)





Now, back to Akiba. The heart of it is a pretty long street, Chuou Dori. On Sundays it's closed to vehicle traffic and that's when it's the most fun. I have yet to be there on a Sunday but maybe this weekend... Basically, Chuou Dori and nearby streets are full of stores selling mostly electronics or anime & manga goods, restaurants ( like the famous maid cafes ) and game arcades. There are also other types of stores. On the main street, there's a sex shop with 5 floors in total ( top two supposedly "men only" ). As far as I could tell, the underground floor had the more "kinky" stuff. Anyway, if you want to see a shop with several floors dedicated only to figurines, Akihabara is the place to go. I'm certainly buying a few later! On this topic, in one shop I've seen 2 figurines for 70k and 50k yen respectively. That means the more expensive one cost somewhere around 900$. If you're wondering, it was a 1:6 scale Belldandy & Holly Bell from Oh! My Goddess. There was also a floor where you could buy anything you could want for making your own doll ( seemed like a serious hobby from what I could see there ). They had some finished ones on display ( not for sale:/ ) and they were pretty cool. The maid cafes and the girls advertising for them aren't all that common on Chuou Dori but if you take a step off it, into surrounding areas you'll find a whole lot more. Sometimes there may be too many, really :P. There were hardly any cosplayers around but I hear that's something you should look for on Sundays. Other than that, there are 2 huge electronics stores, Laox Electronics and Yodobashi Camera ( the bigger one ). I've only seen the Yodobashi store and, personally, I think it's a case of a shop being too big. It's downright tiring to navigate. Lastly, you can find ( if you look around ) some used electronics shops. Unfortunately, both new and used, the prices aren't really any better than in Poland. Some things are even more expensive.


View of the Chuou Dori from the "rear" end. I guarantee it gets more flashy ( and geeky ) nearer JR Akihabara station.


Like this:P


One of the side streets. You can see a maid or two on this photo. Sometimes they are several of them standing within a few meters of each other.


Ironic to use this as the last photo but oh well... it's cute!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz